Short essay writing implies a more thorough preparation and masterful use of language since the small number of words does not allow any fluffy formulations or sentences with a vague structure. See our table to find out how many pages is a 200-word essay and other kinds of essays. In the current article, we gathered the most important features of 200-word essay writing for your convenience.
Over 20K satisfied customers
Very nice work, thank you
Being a freshman is always challenging. You have to adapt to a new surrounding and cope with a pack of home assignments. I found a better way out – Papers-Writings.net. Thanks for assisting me with most of my writing tasks.
Thanks for the discounts offered from Papers-Writings.net. I have a term project that includes multiple pages.
Thank you! Thank you again for so many papers written for me!
I want to tell Writer number 46328 what a great job he did. Please, pass on my thanks to him. The essay was excellent. I know we had a few problems but in the end everything was just fine. Thank you very much for your patience, I will definitely use your services again.
Inspiration is my biggest issue. Whenever I open a blank page, all my ideas seem to disappear. I do not know what to write and begin to panic. My essays are always off topic. I encountered your website and decided to order an essay from you. I am ecstatic to see a well-written paper
You are my ticket to success in studying. No matter how hard I tried, I could not follow all writing directions. My writer surprised my teacher, who wrote “Good job” on my paper.
I read my paper instructions several times and could not understand them. I knew that I would hand in a failing paper. There was some time left and I bought a business project from papers-writings.net. I am satisfied with the quality of writing and such a quick delivery.
I can write any paper, but formatting is too tough for me. Our teachers assign different citation styles (APA, MLA, Turabian) and I always make mistakes. I decided to do this way: I write a paper and your editor helps me format it correctly.
This time, my paper was even better than the previous one. Your writers make miracles!
How to Write a 200 Words Essay
Following the simple step-by-step explanation of how to write a 200-word essay below, you will manage to compose an excellent short paper and receive a well-deserved mark for it.
- Outline. As a rule, short essays have a classic structure that includes an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. However, each section will have a strict limitation of words, so make sure to divide 200 words between them accordingly.
- Find a 200 word essay example. Use it as a guide for your writing. Pay attention to the format, content, and briefness of the author’s language. A handwritten 200 word essay example can be an inspiration for your own paper.
- Use explanations. While presenting certain information to the readers, explain it in your own words rather than using direct quotes from the sources you have worked with.
- Formulate clear sentences. The specificity of the assignment leaves no place for discussions and philosophizing, so keep every sentence clear and brief. Leave aside all the meaningless details, as they will ruin the general impression of your writing.
- Proofread it. It is unacceptable to miss minor mistakes in such a short piece of writing, which is why it requires a more careful examination. Check it for spelling and grammar, and make sure that there are no typos or formatting errors.
Basic Elements of a Short Essay 200 words
Thesis StatementWhile all the essays contain thesis statements, it is important to know how long is a short essay to be able to place the statement correctly. The general rule is the following: the fewer words your paper includes, the earlier should the thesis statement show. Thus, if your paper is approximately 4-5 paragraphs, the thesis statement can appear in the 7th or 8th sentence, while in the case of a 2-3 paragraphs essay, it can only be included in one of the first 3 sentences.
Topic SentencesEvery paragraph you start should contain a topic sentence with a clear-cut idea. This sentence should reflect one of the aspects of the thesis statement and serve as a ground for the content of the whole paragraph. If your word limit on article critique is only 200, you will probably have only one topic sentence, as no more body paragraphs can be included.
Supporting SentencesDue to the strict word count requirements, you can only have 2-3 supporting sentences in each paragraph. They should be concise and informative, and there is no space for long quotations or illustrations from the literature. Thus, keep it neat and leave out all the extra details.
ConclusionThink about the thesis statement you formulated and how your essay discussed it. Is it fully presented or are there still some aspects to be researched? What have you discovered in the process of writing? Summarize your ideas and put the final results in the conclusion.
Save extra 10% on each and every order by receiving 300 words/page instead of 275 words/page offered by most of the essay writing websites.
Filtering out the Extras
If you end up with a article review that is much longer than the requested 200 words, you can try filtering out the extra details until you are left with the key ideas only. The techniques listed below will assist you in this.
- HighlightingOne of the options for making the word count fewer is highlighting the key phrases and sentences that certainly need to stay in the text. Then you need to mercilessly remove the rest of the text, even the parts that you particularly liked. Take what is left and try to make it coherent by adding transitions.
- Sorting outAnother technique implies going through the text and weighing the value of every sentence in it. If some of the sentences have no particular contribution to the topic of your essay, – get rid of them. Also, several sentences may be discussing one idea, so try to merge them into one sentence without losing the meaning.
- QuestioningAlternatively, you can question every sentence in your paper from the perspective of its correspondence to the thesis statement. Does this sentence refer to the main argument of the essay? Does it help to understand the thesis statement more fully? If some sentences do not do so, it is advisory to remove them.
- SimplificationPay attention to the structure and grammar used in your essay. If you notice some overcomplicated or excessively formal clusters or parts of sentences, make sure to simplify them. Do not fear sounding primitive: the word limit does not allow using all the sophisticated language tools.
Overall, short essays are similar to classic longer essays, but they require a special arrangement because of the limited number of words. Thus, focus on one idea, discuss it in your paper, cross out all the unnecessary information, and your essay is ready.