Thanks to the Labor Day, we have three days off ahead of us, which means it is a high time to think where to spend the weekend to give summer a proper goodbye. Though there are going to be many exciting festivities in the city, I think, it would be a shame not to get away while there still is such a chance.
Visit These Places to Have the Best Weekend Vacations
- Adirondacks. Those of you who really long for a change of scenery must visit this resort in upstate New York. Not only will you have the possibility to feast your eyes on the lush greenery, but also you will get a chance to peep into the wildlife from the vantage point of “High Line of the Forest”. However, if you aren’t a big fan of such an active pastime, you might want to take part in traditional festivities, like The Annual Hobo Fest with its folk music performances, or indulge in luscious food at Long Lake Labor Day Chicken Barbecue.
- Hudson. Visiting Hudson is one of the best labor day vacation ideas if you have a craving for ransacking antique shops. They have an abundance of vintage jewelry, furniture, and clothes that can send any culture-vulture into raptures.
- Finger Lakes. Talking about vintages, I cannot but mention Ravines Wine Cellar or Sheldrake Point Winery. Exquisite wines in combination with astonishing views make Finger Lakes a number-one destination in the list of places to go on labor day weekend.
- Atlantic City. It’s in our nature to get a little nostalgic in the end of the summer, so why not sink into the nostalgia and reminisce about your teenage years with Blink-182? They are going to perform on Monday afternoon, which means you’ll have plenty of time before the concert to enjoy the beach.
- Great New York State Fair. Among all the labor day vacation ideas, visiting a fair remains a sure option. Children are bound to enjoy the amusement possibilities, whereas parents can once again experience what it’s like to be young thanks to the bands playing the best of the ‘80s.
The Labor Day presents us with an ample opportunity to break loose for three days, so don’t be slow on that – pick a destination to your own taste and have a remarkable weekend!