Tips on Part – Time Job in College
Even if students work in summer and have some savings, when a new school year begins, they are always short of money. For those who prefer having some financial independence, there are plenty of opportunities of making money.
We’ve interviewed a group of senior students who managed to strike a happy medium between studying, working, and personal life. Here are the best pieces of advice. If you are wondering how to make money in college, this article is right for you!
Helen: “Working in college wasn’t really a choice for me, but a necessity. However, if you can afford to dedicate all your time to studying, but still are looking for ways for college students to make money, there are a few things you should consider.
If you are a freshman, it’s better to take breaks, especially during the tough periods, such as exams.
It’s also a good idea to apply for campus jobs. They usually offer a reasonable number of working hours, so that work does not affect your studies. Working 12 hours a week is not challenging, but it enables you to make extra money and learn time management skills.”
Ryan: “Here are some things you should think about while considering working part-time:
1. Money: Obviously, this is the primary reason why we work in college. However, you should know some other advantages.
2. Experience: Perhaps, you have not started thinking about it yet, but one day you will have to write a resume. There you will have to describe your work experience. With a good record, you will know what to mention in the experience section, and you’ll be at least one step ahead of your competitors.
3. Network: Try to find a job in your field of study. The benefits are hard to be overestimated. Apart from obtaining relevant professional experience, you will be able to make contacts and find a job in the nearest future.
4. Downside: Of course, it’s not all a bed of roses. In fact, the drawbacks of working at college are rather serious, mostly because it may hinder your studies and lead to dropout.”
Lindsey: “When I started work in college, I realized that the benefits of having extra money are numerous. However, there were also some other things I learned.
1. Know what to expect: Before getting a job, you actually have to find it. Many people focus on managing study and work, but no one warned me I had to spend so much time and efforts while preparing applications, going to interviews and so on.
2. Be flexible: You may apply for many jobs, but very few employers will invite you to interviews. At this point, you have to be really flexible. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Remember that if you don’t have a backup plan, you don’t have a plan at all. For example, in June I applied for ten campus jobs, but I only had two interviews. So, be prepared to consider the options you were not really planning to take.
3. Ask for assistance: Regardless of the job you are applying for, your application always has to be professional. There are advisers in your college, so consult them before sending your resume to employers. A second opinion is always a good idea.”
I was afraid to get a plagiarized paper from you, when I placed my first order. I know that all papers must pass a Turnitin check and students may even be expelled from colleges. I was very worried, but an article review that I bought from Papers-Writings.net was highly graded with 0% plagiarism.Rachel, Orange, California.
Our law professor asked us to work on a case study. I hate doing such projects because my critical thinking is not developed enough. One of your writers completed this assignment for me and now I am sure that my future home tasks will be outsourced to your writers.Riley, New York.
I am very nervous when it comes to passing tests online. While making my last order, I noticed that you have such a service. I thought “Why not?” One of your writers completed the test instead of me. I got 95% and it is amazing.Kaiden, Columbus, Georgia.
Seems like your writers can complete any home assignment on earth. Honestly!Kate, Vallejo, California.
It was awesome! I read my essay several times and knew that it would be the best paper in the class. And it was!Anna, Topeka, Kansas.
I got 91% for the research paper and I am thankful for that. Your services always help me get excellent grades in different subjects.Alice, Oxnard, California.
Inspiration is my biggest issue. Whenever I open a blank page, all my ideas seem to disappear. I do not know what to write and begin to panic. My essays are always off topic. I encountered your website and decided to order an essay from you. I am ecstatic to see a well-written paperBecket, Round Rock, Texas.
Thanks to my writer 74832, I received A- for the thesis. We cooperated much, I got several draft and all of them were successfully submitted.Cole, Tempe, Arizona.
Thank you! Thank you again for so many papers written for me!Kayla, Newport News, Virginia.
This time, my paper was even better than the previous one. Your writers make miracles!Jade, Peoria, Arizona.