Tips on Part-Time Job in College
Even if students work in summer and have some savings, when a new school year begins, they are always short of money. For those who prefer having some financial independence, there are plenty of opportunities of making money.
We’ve interviewed a group of senior students who managed to strike a happy medium between studying, working, and personal life. Here are the best pieces of advice. If you are wondering how to make money in college, this article is right for you!
Helen: “Working in college wasn’t really a choice for me, but a necessity. However, if you can afford to dedicate all your time to studying, but still are looking for ways for college students to make money, there are a few things you should consider.
If you are a freshman, it’s better to take breaks, especially during the tough periods, such as exams.
It’s also a good idea to apply for campus jobs. They usually offer a reasonable number of working hours, so that work does not affect your studies. Working 12 hours a week is not challenging, but it enables you to make extra money and learn time management skills.”
Ryan: “Here are some things you should think about while considering working part-time:
1. Money: Obviously, this is the primary reason why we work in college. However, you should know some other advantages.
2. Experience: Perhaps, you have not started thinking about it yet, but one day you will have to write a resume. There you will have to describe your work experience. With a good record, you will know what to mention in the experience section, and you’ll be at least one step ahead of your competitors.
3. Network: Try to find a job in your field of study. The benefits are hard to be overestimated. Apart from obtaining relevant professional experience, you will be able to make contacts and find a job in the nearest future.
4. Downside: Of course, it’s not all a bed of roses. In fact, the drawbacks of working at college are rather serious, mostly because it may hinder your studies and lead to dropout.”
Lindsey: “When I started work in college, I realized that the benefits of having extra money are numerous. However, there were also some other things I learned.
1. Know what to expect: Before getting a job, you actually have to find it. Many people focus on managing study and work, but no one warned me I had to spend so much time and efforts while preparing applications, going to interviews and so on.
2. Be flexible: You may apply for many jobs, but very few employers will invite you to interviews. At this point, you have to be really flexible. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Remember that if you don’t have a backup plan, you don’t have a plan at all. For example, in June I applied for ten campus jobs, but I only had two interviews. So, be prepared to consider the options you were not really planning to take.
3. Ask for assistance: Regardless of the job you are applying for, your application always has to be professional. There are advisers in your college, so consult them before sending your resume to employers. A second opinion is always a good idea.”
I will order my next paper soon. Thanks for helping me pass my management class!Kai, Corona, California.
I am very nervous when it comes to passing tests online. While making my last order, I noticed that you have such a service. I thought “Why not?” One of your writers completed the test instead of me. I got 95% and it is amazing.Kaiden, Columbus, Georgia.
I completely forgot about an essay about ethical standards, which required quite a lengthy research. I did not want to spend the whole night browsing web pages and writing a draft. My classmate told me that Papers-Writings.net is a good place to get a paper of any kind. When I woke up and checked my mail, I saw that the order was completed. Quick and good service!Chloe, Huntsville, Alabama.
I was shocked to see a positive feedback on my final term paper. I have never received such good comments about my papers. I knew for sure that I would not manage to write a good paper, so I purchased it from Papers-Writings.net. Thanks that you help me improve my reputation in the teachers’ eyes.Miles, Aurora, Illinois.
I was afraid to get a plagiarized paper from you, when I placed my first order. I know that all papers must pass a Turnitin check and students may even be expelled from colleges. I was very worried, but an article review that I bought from Papers-Writings.net was highly graded with 0% plagiarism.Rachel, Orange, California.
Thanks to my writer 74832, I received A- for the thesis. We cooperated much, I got several draft and all of them were successfully submitted.Cole, Tempe, Arizona.
Very impressed with the work thank you for your help.Sammi, Quebec, Canada.
Seems like your writers can complete any home assignment on earth. Honestly!Kate, Vallejo, California.
Thank you! Thank you again for so many papers written for me!Kayla, Newport News, Virginia.
Please, pass on my gratitude to Writer 64285. Yet again you have far surpassed all of my expectations by producing a complex, well written, well researched essay. You guys are professional, true experts! Please keep up the great work.Vikram, Bangalore, India.