Academy Awards Facts
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has been recognizing all the achievements in the film industry since 1929. At the moment, the Oscar ceremony is one of the most popular shows in the world.
See some Oscar fun facts that highlight the cherished and rich history of the award:
- The actual award is called an Academy Award of Merit. However, it is popularly known as Oscar.
- The name Oscar was officially adopted by the Academy in the late 1930’s. Before that time, it was greatly disputed.
- All the nameplates are prepared in advance for all potential winners. The nameplates with names of the losers are recycled after the ceremony.
- Tatum O’Neal was the youngest person who ever win the Oscar. She was only 10 years old.
- Bob Hope hosted the Academy Awards 19 times that makes him the most frequent host.
- Christopher Plummer is the oldest person who ever win the Oscar. It happened when he was 82.
- Liza Minnelli is the only Oscar winner who have both parents Oscar winners.
- Today, Oscar is the best award show that can be seen in more than 250 countries, but the very first ceremony was a private dinner with about 250 people.
- The Oscar statuette is the property of the Academy Award of Merit. If a winner wants to sell his/her award, he/she should first offer to sell the statuette to the Academy for one dollar.
- There are only 2 actors awarded the Oscar posthumously: Heath Ledger for “The Dark Knight” and Peter Finch for “Network.”
- There were only 4 women nominated for Best Director of the best award show.
- The original film industry awards ceremonies were held at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- The iconic sealed envelope with the winners’ names is actually a tradition that the Academy introduced in the early 1941’s.
- Meryl Streep has more film industry awards nominations that any other actor or actress ever.
During almost 100 years of its history, the Oscar ceremony has become one of the most popular ceremonies in the world with a bunch of fun facts, myths, and legends.
I was afraid to get a plagiarized paper from you, when I placed my first order. I know that all papers must pass a Turnitin check and students may even be expelled from colleges. I was very worried, but an article review that I bought from Papers-Writings.net was highly graded with 0% plagiarism.Rachel, Orange, California.
Time management is something far-fetched for me. I cannot properly organize my time and always fail to submit papers on time. Due to the late submission, my grades remain below average. Papers-Writings.net helped me to become a good student again. Thanks.Dean, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Our law professor asked us to work on a case study. I hate doing such projects because my critical thinking is not developed enough. One of your writers completed this assignment for me and now I am sure that my future home tasks will be outsourced to your writers.Riley, New York.
Very nice work, thank youDieter, Munich, Germany.
Inspiration is my biggest issue. Whenever I open a blank page, all my ideas seem to disappear. I do not know what to write and begin to panic. My essays are always off topic. I encountered your website and decided to order an essay from you. I am ecstatic to see a well-written paperBecket, Round Rock, Texas.
If you are still hesitating, if Papers-Writings.net could be trusted, simply order at least one order and your doubts will disappear. Tried and tested!Jessica, Dayton, Ohio.
I am very nervous when it comes to passing tests online. While making my last order, I noticed that you have such a service. I thought “Why not?” One of your writers completed the test instead of me. I got 95% and it is amazing.Kaiden, Columbus, Georgia.
Please, pass on my gratitude to Writer 64285. Yet again you have far surpassed all of my expectations by producing a complex, well written, well researched essay. You guys are professional, true experts! Please keep up the great work.Vikram, Bangalore, India.
I want to tell Writer number 46328 what a great job he did. Please, pass on my thanks to him. The essay was excellent. I know we had a few problems but in the end everything was just fine. Thank you very much for your patience, I will definitely use your services again.Derrick, Boulder, Colorado.
I work shifts in a community center and I simply cannot handle all home assignments on time. I am a bit desperate and confused because I do want to get a degree, but I do not have much time to be spent on home assignments. Papers-Writings.net suppressed my panic!Emilia, Cary, North Carolina.