Academy Awards Facts
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has been recognizing all the achievements in the film industry since 1929. At the moment, the Oscar ceremony is one of the most popular shows in the world.
See some Oscar fun facts that highlight the cherished and rich history of the award:
- The actual award is called an Academy Award of Merit. However, it is popularly known as Oscar.
- The name Oscar was officially adopted by the Academy in the late 1930’s. Before that time, it was greatly disputed.
- All the nameplates are prepared in advance for all potential winners. The nameplates with names of the losers are recycled after the ceremony.
- Tatum O’Neal was the youngest person who ever win the Oscar. She was only 10 years old.
- Bob Hope hosted the Academy Awards 19 times that makes him the most frequent host.
- Christopher Plummer is the oldest person who ever win the Oscar. It happened when he was 82.
- Liza Minnelli is the only Oscar winner who have both parents Oscar winners.
- Today, Oscar is the best award show that can be seen in more than 250 countries, but the very first ceremony was a private dinner with about 250 people.
- The Oscar statuette is the property of the Academy Award of Merit. If a winner wants to sell his/her award, he/she should first offer to sell the statuette to the Academy for one dollar.
- There are only 2 actors awarded the Oscar posthumously: Heath Ledger for “The Dark Knight” and Peter Finch for “Network.”
- There were only 4 women nominated for Best Director of the best award show.
- The original film industry awards ceremonies were held at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- The iconic sealed envelope with the winners’ names is actually a tradition that the Academy introduced in the early 1941’s.
- Meryl Streep has more film industry awards nominations that any other actor or actress ever.
During almost 100 years of its history, the Oscar ceremony has become one of the most popular ceremonies in the world with a bunch of fun facts, myths, and legends.
Thanks to my writer 74832, I received A- for the thesis. We cooperated much, I got several draft and all of them were successfully submitted.Cole, Tempe, Arizona.
Very impressed with the work thank you for your help.Sammi, Quebec, Canada.
Thanks for the discounts offered from Papers-Writings.net. I have a term project that includes multiple pages.Sean, Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Though I can compose a good content in any paper, I still make many grammar mistakes. I always get lowered grades because of that. Several times, I used your editing services and I am more than pleased with results. Your editors are definitely professionals!Nicole, Frisco, Texas.
When I submitted my first paper ordered from Papers-Writings.net, I was very worried. I thought that he would notice that it was not me, who composed an essay. When I saw the highest score on my paper, I was surprised.George, Salem, Oregon.
When I typed in a search engine “order essay online,” it showed me numerous results. I chose your company because your website shows many guarantees. I thought “let it be” and made my first order. A speech that I received is breathtaking!Caleb, Torrance, California.
I can write any paper, but formatting is too tough for me. Our teachers assign different citation styles (APA, MLA, Turabian) and I always make mistakes. I decided to do this way: I write a paper and your editor helps me format it correctly.Lisa, Rochester, New York.
I will order my next paper soon. Thanks for helping me pass my management class!Kai, Corona, California.
If you are still hesitating, if Papers-Writings.net could be trusted, simply order at least one order and your doubts will disappear. Tried and tested!Jessica, Dayton, Ohio.
Time management is something far-fetched for me. I cannot properly organize my time and always fail to submit papers on time. Due to the late submission, my grades remain below average. Papers-Writings.net helped me to become a good student again. Thanks.Dean, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.