Academy Awards Facts
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has been recognizing all the achievements in the film industry since 1929. At the moment, the Oscar ceremony is one of the most popular shows in the world.
See some Oscar fun facts that highlight the cherished and rich history of the award:
- The actual award is called an Academy Award of Merit. However, it is popularly known as Oscar.
- The name Oscar was officially adopted by the Academy in the late 1930’s. Before that time, it was greatly disputed.
- All the nameplates are prepared in advance for all potential winners. The nameplates with names of the losers are recycled after the ceremony.
- Tatum O’Neal was the youngest person who ever win the Oscar. She was only 10 years old.
- Bob Hope hosted the Academy Awards 19 times that makes him the most frequent host.
- Christopher Plummer is the oldest person who ever win the Oscar. It happened when he was 82.
- Liza Minnelli is the only Oscar winner who have both parents Oscar winners.
- Today, Oscar is the best award show that can be seen in more than 250 countries, but the very first ceremony was a private dinner with about 250 people.
- The Oscar statuette is the property of the Academy Award of Merit. If a winner wants to sell his/her award, he/she should first offer to sell the statuette to the Academy for one dollar.
- There are only 2 actors awarded the Oscar posthumously: Heath Ledger for “The Dark Knight” and Peter Finch for “Network.”
- There were only 4 women nominated for Best Director of the best award show.
- The original film industry awards ceremonies were held at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- The iconic sealed envelope with the winners’ names is actually a tradition that the Academy introduced in the early 1941’s.
- Meryl Streep has more film industry awards nominations that any other actor or actress ever.
During almost 100 years of its history, the Oscar ceremony has become one of the most popular ceremonies in the world with a bunch of fun facts, myths, and legends.
Thanks to my writer 74832, I received A- for the thesis. We cooperated much, I got several draft and all of them were successfully submitted.Cole, Tempe, Arizona.
Though I can compose a good content in any paper, I still make many grammar mistakes. I always get lowered grades because of that. Several times, I used your editing services and I am more than pleased with results. Your editors are definitely professionals!Nicole, Frisco, Texas.
Time management is something far-fetched for me. I cannot properly organize my time and always fail to submit papers on time. Due to the late submission, my grades remain below average. Papers-Writings.net helped me to become a good student again. Thanks.Dean, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Thank you! Thank you again for so many papers written for me!Kayla, Newport News, Virginia.
I work shifts in a community center and I simply cannot handle all home assignments on time. I am a bit desperate and confused because I do want to get a degree, but I do not have much time to be spent on home assignments. Papers-Writings.net suppressed my panic!Emilia, Cary, North Carolina.
I have been struggling with my professor in economics for several months. I simply cannot imagine what he wants to see in my papers. I try to follow all instructions and still get B or C. Can you imagine? I decided to solve the case by ordering a paper from Papers-Writings.net. Thanks for helping me overcome this issue!Amy, Lakewood, Colorado.
I was afraid to get a plagiarized paper from you, when I placed my first order. I know that all papers must pass a Turnitin check and students may even be expelled from colleges. I was very worried, but an article review that I bought from Papers-Writings.net was highly graded with 0% plagiarism.Rachel, Orange, California.
If you are still hesitating, if Papers-Writings.net could be trusted, simply order at least one order and your doubts will disappear. Tried and tested!Jessica, Dayton, Ohio.
My academic life is in your hands! Till this time, I have achieved good grades for papers ordered at papers-writings.net. I hope that our cooperation will be long-lasting.Jane, Pueblo, Colorado.
I completely forgot about an essay about ethical standards, which required quite a lengthy research. I did not want to spend the whole night browsing web pages and writing a draft. My classmate told me that Papers-Writings.net is a good place to get a paper of any kind. When I woke up and checked my mail, I saw that the order was completed. Quick and good service!Chloe, Huntsville, Alabama.