Academy Awards Facts
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has been recognizing all the achievements in the film industry since 1929. At the moment, the Oscar ceremony is one of the most popular shows in the world.
See some Oscar fun facts that highlight the cherished and rich history of the award:
- The actual award is called an Academy Award of Merit. However, it is popularly known as Oscar.
- The name Oscar was officially adopted by the Academy in the late 1930’s. Before that time, it was greatly disputed.
- All the nameplates are prepared in advance for all potential winners. The nameplates with names of the losers are recycled after the ceremony.
- Tatum O’Neal was the youngest person who ever win the Oscar. She was only 10 years old.
- Bob Hope hosted the Academy Awards 19 times that makes him the most frequent host.
- Christopher Plummer is the oldest person who ever win the Oscar. It happened when he was 82.
- Liza Minnelli is the only Oscar winner who have both parents Oscar winners.
- Today, Oscar is the best award show that can be seen in more than 250 countries, but the very first ceremony was a private dinner with about 250 people.
- The Oscar statuette is the property of the Academy Award of Merit. If a winner wants to sell his/her award, he/she should first offer to sell the statuette to the Academy for one dollar.
- There are only 2 actors awarded the Oscar posthumously: Heath Ledger for “The Dark Knight” and Peter Finch for “Network.”
- There were only 4 women nominated for Best Director of the best award show.
- The original film industry awards ceremonies were held at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- The iconic sealed envelope with the winners’ names is actually a tradition that the Academy introduced in the early 1941’s.
- Meryl Streep has more film industry awards nominations that any other actor or actress ever.
During almost 100 years of its history, the Oscar ceremony has become one of the most popular ceremonies in the world with a bunch of fun facts, myths, and legends.
My academic life is in your hands! Till this time, I have achieved good grades for papers ordered at papers-writings.net. I hope that our cooperation will be long-lasting.Jane, Pueblo, Colorado.
I can write any paper, but formatting is too tough for me. Our teachers assign different citation styles (APA, MLA, Turabian) and I always make mistakes. I decided to do this way: I write a paper and your editor helps me format it correctly.Lisa, Rochester, New York.
The job was done quickly and appropriately, excellent work, guys.Ryan, Buffalo, New Jersey.
You are my ticket to success in studying. No matter how hard I tried, I could not follow all writing directions. My writer surprised my teacher, who wrote “Good job” on my paper.Parker, West Jordan, Utah.
I work shifts in a community center and I simply cannot handle all home assignments on time. I am a bit desperate and confused because I do want to get a degree, but I do not have much time to be spent on home assignments. Papers-Writings.net suppressed my panic!Emilia, Cary, North Carolina.
When I submitted my first paper ordered from Papers-Writings.net, I was very worried. I thought that he would notice that it was not me, who composed an essay. When I saw the highest score on my paper, I was surprised.George, Salem, Oregon.
I was shocked to see a positive feedback on my final term paper. I have never received such good comments about my papers. I knew for sure that I would not manage to write a good paper, so I purchased it from Papers-Writings.net. Thanks that you help me improve my reputation in the teachers’ eyes.Miles, Aurora, Illinois.
Being a freshman is always challenging. You have to adapt to a new surrounding and cope with a pack of home assignments. I found a better way out – Papers-Writings.net. Thanks for assisting me with most of my writing tasks.Caden, Hampton, Virginia.
I got 91% for the research paper and I am thankful for that. Your services always help me get excellent grades in different subjects.Alice, Oxnard, California.
I travelled much and postponed writing my dissertation more and more. I thought that I would never manage to hand in several chapters at the same time and asked Papers-Writings.net to help me. They found a good writer, who was very cooperative. I got a good feedback on every draft I submitted.Alana, Midland, Texas.