Academy Awards Facts
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has been recognizing all the achievements in the film industry since 1929. At the moment, the Oscar ceremony is one of the most popular shows in the world.
See some Oscar fun facts that highlight the cherished and rich history of the award:
- The actual award is called an Academy Award of Merit. However, it is popularly known as Oscar.
- The name Oscar was officially adopted by the Academy in the late 1930’s. Before that time, it was greatly disputed.
- All the nameplates are prepared in advance for all potential winners. The nameplates with names of the losers are recycled after the ceremony.
- Tatum O’Neal was the youngest person who ever win the Oscar. She was only 10 years old.
- Bob Hope hosted the Academy Awards 19 times that makes him the most frequent host.
- Christopher Plummer is the oldest person who ever win the Oscar. It happened when he was 82.
- Liza Minnelli is the only Oscar winner who have both parents Oscar winners.
- Today, Oscar is the best award show that can be seen in more than 250 countries, but the very first ceremony was a private dinner with about 250 people.
- The Oscar statuette is the property of the Academy Award of Merit. If a winner wants to sell his/her award, he/she should first offer to sell the statuette to the Academy for one dollar.
- There are only 2 actors awarded the Oscar posthumously: Heath Ledger for “The Dark Knight” and Peter Finch for “Network.”
- There were only 4 women nominated for Best Director of the best award show.
- The original film industry awards ceremonies were held at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
- The iconic sealed envelope with the winners’ names is actually a tradition that the Academy introduced in the early 1941’s.
- Meryl Streep has more film industry awards nominations that any other actor or actress ever.
During almost 100 years of its history, the Oscar ceremony has become one of the most popular ceremonies in the world with a bunch of fun facts, myths, and legends.
Time management is something far-fetched for me. I cannot properly organize my time and always fail to submit papers on time. Due to the late submission, my grades remain below average. Papers-Writings.net helped me to become a good student again. Thanks.Dean, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
I was afraid to get a plagiarized paper from you, when I placed my first order. I know that all papers must pass a Turnitin check and students may even be expelled from colleges. I was very worried, but an article review that I bought from Papers-Writings.net was highly graded with 0% plagiarism.Rachel, Orange, California.
I was shocked to see a positive feedback on my final term paper. I have never received such good comments about my papers. I knew for sure that I would not manage to write a good paper, so I purchased it from Papers-Writings.net. Thanks that you help me improve my reputation in the teachers’ eyes.Miles, Aurora, Illinois.
My academic life is in your hands! Till this time, I have achieved good grades for papers ordered at papers-writings.net. I hope that our cooperation will be long-lasting.Jane, Pueblo, Colorado.
This time, my paper was even better than the previous one. Your writers make miracles!Jade, Peoria, Arizona.
Very nice work, thank youDieter, Munich, Germany.
I thought I would leave a quick message just to tell the writer how much I appreciate all of his hard work. The writer was very professional and very kind. I appreciate that I was probably quite annoying with all my questions, but he never seemed to mind. In fact, he went out of his way to allay my fears. If I need any more work doing, I will be sure to use your services.Anna, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
When I typed in a search engine “order essay online,” it showed me numerous results. I chose your company because your website shows many guarantees. I thought “let it be” and made my first order. A speech that I received is breathtaking!Caleb, Torrance, California.
Being a freshman is always challenging. You have to adapt to a new surrounding and cope with a pack of home assignments. I found a better way out – Papers-Writings.net. Thanks for assisting me with most of my writing tasks.Caden, Hampton, Virginia.
I completely forgot about an essay about ethical standards, which required quite a lengthy research. I did not want to spend the whole night browsing web pages and writing a draft. My classmate told me that Papers-Writings.net is a good place to get a paper of any kind. When I woke up and checked my mail, I saw that the order was completed. Quick and good service!Chloe, Huntsville, Alabama.